SLT Update September 15
15th September 2017
Senior Leadership Weekly Round-Up – 15th September 2017
- It’s excellent news that our College has been accepted on to the National Mandarin Excellence Programme. This means that each year, a group of Year 7 students will start on an accelerated programme of learning the world’s most spoken language, with a view to taking a GCSE up to two years early. Go to http://www.melbournvc.org/news-and-events/article/MVC-accepted-on-National-Mandarin-Excellence-Programme for the full story.
- Congratulations to Archie Bickers in year 7 on completing a 5k run at the weekend.
- Last week, we wished Sophie Willis success at the forthcoming National Horse Veteran Championships. Sophie is a very busy young lady and last weekend Sophie competed at the Sandringham Game Fair. Sophie competes with her dog, Jazz, a home bred Labrador which she trained herself, in dog Scurries. The dog has to complete various tests against the clock, at different Game Fairs over the summer, to qualify for the Finals which are held at Sandringham. This was the third year Sophie had qualified and we were absolutely delighted when Sophie was announced the Junior Finals Champion for 2017. Well done Sophie.
- Royston are once again hosting the Royston Arts Festival from the 22nd to 24th September. Full details can be found at www.creativeroyston.org.
- Well done to the students that took part in the following sporting fixtures: The year 8 boys’ rugby beat Chesterton with an amazing score of 45-20. Year 9 girls’rugby beat Bassingbourn and drew against Sawston. The U16 girls played well against Sawston and Bassingbourn in a round robin tournament, drawing against Sawston and beating Bassingbourn. Congratulations to everyone involved.
- As you know, we were visited by Ofsted this week. We will share the feedback with you once the full checking process has taken place. Please bear with us for a few weeks on this.
Have a lovely weekend.