SLT Update November 17
17th November 2017
Senior Leadership Weekly Round-Up – 17 November
- Well done to Jessica Taylor and Rebecca Taylor in year 10 who gained silver and gold Awards respectively for the Education Perfect Science Championships over the summer. They were competing with students from around the world, so this is a fantastic achievement. Jessica was in the top 5% of all the competitors and Rebecca in the top 2%.
- A note for your diary. Year 8 Darcy Canning’s amazing art will be exhibited at the Foxton Art Gallery on the 17th, 18th and 19th November. For full details please go to www.foxtonart.org. Darcy’s artwork will be on sale together with printed cards. Her entry has been sponsored by The MindEd Trust and all monies raised will go back to the charity to further assist others. Darcy will also be exhibiting at The Plough in Shepreth early next year. Look out for further details.
- Reminder for all Yr11 students that their GCSE English Spoken Language exams are around the corner. They start on 29th Nov and end on 4th Dec. Students have been given their dates/times. Planning is key,so all Yr11s must make sure they are organised and ready for their presentations. Good luck – the English team are looking forward to watching excellent presentations!
- Well done to all our year 9 students on the Northern Hemisphere Languages Perfect competition. Between them, they answered 53,000 questions and came 4th in England for schools of our size; a great achievement. Congratulations go to Ben Nicholls – Silver, Emily Walter, Victoria Kay and Grace Martin – Bronze, James Leech, Molly Beasley, Isabel Taylor, Alfie Pearl, Gabrielle Phillips, Caitlin McFarlane and Alice Frewin – Credit.
- On Tuesday 14th November, the A team High 5 netball competition took place led by MVC sports leaders. The schools competing were Harston, Foxton, Thriplow, Melbourn, Guilden Morden and Meldreth. They played in 2 pools and the winners and runners-up played each other at the end. Final positions were:- Harston, Meldreth, Foxton, Melbourn, Guilden Morden & Thriplow. Thank you to the sports leaders for umpiring and scoring the event. Round 2 is next term.
- This week has been the final week of cross country culminating in the house competition. Results for this will be announced in next week’s update. Well done to all who took part and improved their times. Selection for the inter school cross country event will come from these times and the running club members.
- Congratulations to three of our fabulous Teaching Assistants Nicky Patel, Becky Jackson and Katharine Rolt, for completing and passing their level 4 advance skills for TAs with SEN focus and to Craig Telford our ICT technician, who recently passed his apprenticeship Level 4 Foundation Degree. We're very proud of them all.
- Thank you to everyone for taking part in our Children in Need dress-down day today raising over £500 for this excellent cause.
Have a good weekend.