SLT Update May 10th
11th May 2019
- Last week local councillor Susan Van de Ven made a follow up visit to a Year 7 Citizenship class to discuss the big local issues that students are concerned about. Susan talked to students about the role of the council and the job of a county councilor. The class were then able to put their concerns to Susan directly. Students were passionate about the environment and had a number of practical suggestions for its improvement.
- GCSE exams have begun in earnest. The MFL department has reported that the speaking exams have gone well; Yr11 students are displaying an excellent attitude. A reminder for anyone feeling anxious that BBC Bitesize has a number of resources and advice in this area.
- Last Friday we held the annual Primary Schools swimming gala. All of the pupils swam very well and there were some competitively-fought races. Congratulations to Hauxton primary school on their first ever swimming gala victory.
- Congratulations to three of our Year 9 boys who won a Hertfordshire competition with Royston Rugby Club recently. Samuel Bream, Freddie Lewenden and Ben Smith were pictured in the Royston Crow sporting medals for their successes this season. Well done boys.
- Finally, the ongoing saga of the Spanish trip. 45 students in Year 8 have enjoyed a fantastic trip to Spain which has been extended by Air traffic control strikes. After two days of cancelled flights we are hopeful that the party will be back later this evening – as I write this the plane is on the way to Bilbao. I would like to thank all the parents for their support and the students and staff for the way they have handled this difficult and unexpected situation.
I hope they, and all the rest of you, have a good weekend.