SLT Update July 13th 2018
15th July 2018
- We are delighted to announce that we have just been awarded the Full International Schools Award. This is recognition not only for the wide variety of international trips and visits we offer to Spain, Africa and now China but also the links we have established with other schools abroad and the international activities which are undertaken as part of our extended curriculum here at MVC, for example, the language leaders award, the Education Perfect competitions and the Spelling / Translation Bee. Our students see the value in these enriching experiences and embrace them wholeheartedly, all of which helps to make them well rounded, open minded individuals, which we love to see.
- On Monday we had the last young carers’ group for this academic year. The group made slime! It was sticky, colourful and messy but great fun was had by all. If you feel your child may be a young carer and wish to access support in school, please contact Mrs Deadman.
- On Wednesday, we enjoyed our Summer Concert. Many thanks to Mr Sorrento and our peripatetic music teachers for organising such a lovely event, and well done to all our students who took part.
- It was a chance for Mr Holmes and the primary head teachers to share practice this week at our Primary Cluster Meeting, at which continuing to improve our KS2-3 transition and the new Ofsted framework were key discussion items.
- Next week is our Activities Week, in which all students are allowed to wear non-school uniform. Please see Mrs Reeves if you have not received your information letter. There will be no enrichment and Study Club will run for Royston students only from Monday to Thursday. Look out for photos on Facebook showing all the exciting activities taking place.
- Also next week, our year 10 students will be carrying out their work experience, with some of them even going to Spain to do this. We hope they have a wonderful time.
- It is not too late to sign up for instrumental tuition for September. All Peripatetic teachers have spaces. These include: woodwind, Brass, Piano, Singing, Guitar, Strings and Drum Kit.
Have a good weekend.