SLT Update February 8th
8th February 2019
Last weekend Annabelle Helme and Gethin Rogers competed in the Anglian Schools cross country event. The pupils had done incredibly well to get to this stage, having competed at 2 previous qualifying events. Annabelle came 36th in her age group and Gethin 57th. Congratulations to both athletes; this is an amazing achievement.
• Our year 11 GCSE drama students enjoyed a trip to see The Woman in Black at London’s Fortune Theatre on Tuesday. They reported being completely gripped, as the play was so scary!
• Yesterday Mr Holmes visited St Mark's Academy, a very successful school in South London, as part of a group of headteachers looking at how successful schools and multi-academy trusts operate. Today, Mrs Lawrence has been taking part in training on creating an exceptional school. Chances like these to share practice with other leaders is always of benefit to our continued development.
• Also, last night we welcome students on our first Chinese exchange. Although tired after a long journey, they all left happily to their MVC families.
• There will be a revision session for Year 11 on Romeo and Juliet and A Christmas Carol on Monday 18th February, from 10am-12pm. Students taught by Miss Bailey and Mrs Hallam will need to go to EN4 and students taught by Miss King and Mrs Archer will need to go to EN5. Students do not need to wear school uniform.
• There are many Wednesday afternoon PE fixtures and tournaments coming up. Please see the PE noticeboard and the MVC website for details.
Have a good weekend,