SLT Update December 14th
14th December 2018
- On Monday, our Young Carers enjoyed making Christmas crafts, including jars of reindeer noses! Our Young Carers’ Group would really benefit from more financial support for these activities. If you are part of a local business which may be able to help, please do contact Mrs Deadman on email@example.com
- Our KS3 Poetry Festival yesterday and today was a hugely successful event. It was fantastic that every KS3 student got up on the stage and performed, although some of them were quite nervous. Thank you to Ms Cooke and the English department for organising the event.
- Thank you and well done to all the students and staff involved in Wednesday evening’s Christmas Concert. We do hope students and parents will be able to attend the Spring Concert in March 2019.
- Well done to our Year 11 students, who just managed to beat the staff in an exciting basketball match this lunch time.
- There will be no enrichment after school next week. The Royston bus will collect at 3.00pm (and 2.00pm on Wednesday).
- Our Christmas Lunch is on Tuesday 18th and costs £3.50. Please be aware that on this day the only option on this day will be turkey (or vegetarian option), all the trimmings, delicious pudding and a drink.
- As part of her enterprise curriculum, one of our Year 8 students has been making Christmas tree decorations to sell at our charities’ morning. All decorations will be priced at £1, and include mini Christmas trees, snowmen and Santas.
- Please be aware that the College will finish at 2pm on the last day of term, Wednesday, 19th December. The buses will collect students at this time.
- Please see the information on Raising Children and Raising Teens on our Facebook page.
- We have been asked to promote a new Digital Parenting guide. Digital Parenting is packed with advice on internet safety for both primary and secondary school children. You can order FREE copies through Parentzone.org.uk
Have a good weekend.