SLT Update April 26th
27th April 2019
- Welcome back. I hope you have had an enjoyable Easter break.
- It was wonderful to see so many Year 11 students accessing the extra provision available to them over the break. The English department, in particular,r was delighted to see 56 students attend a revision session - students are showing ambition and we encourage all students who would like further support to speak to their teachers or to come to Mrs Hallam's enrichment class on Thursdays, 3-4pm.
- On Tuesday, staff enjoyed our annual Cam Academy Trust Training Day. The focus for the day this year was on KS2-3 transition; teaching staff participated in cross-phase workshops to evaluate and improve provision. Running alongside this were opportunities for our staff to update their training in safeguarding and mental health. We also had the chance to work again on individual subject area priorities in our subject teams. Although we all liaise frequently via email, we find this face-to-face collaboration a vital way to improve provision for students in all our Trust academies.
- The next Stepping Stones Parenting Course starts on Monday 13th May 10am – 12.30pm and runs for 9 weeks (except half-term) For parents of children with additional needs aged 2 – 11 years. Call 01954 286 012 to book your place
- Following the successful iPad trial last term, can I remind parents and students who took part to complete the feedback questionnaire on the project. This will provide us with valuable evidence of the success of the trial and areas which we could improve. The websites for both the parent and student questionnaires will be resent this weekend and we need responses by Sunday, 5th May.
- Year 11 parents and carers, please see the GCSE examination timetable on our website and on Schoolpost. Year 11 students also have a hard copy. Please be aware that MFL oral examinations start next week with French on Wednesday, 1st May.
Have a good weekend.